We’re giving an Equity student member the chance to spend a week on the set of iconic Australian TV series, Neighbours.
This is a unique opportunity to learn the ropes of fast-paced TV production from the highly-experienced cast and crew members and make invaluable connections for your future career.
Neighbours’ producer Andrew Thompson says: “Neighbours has been a training ground for many in the television industry and we are delighted to continue this legacy with the Equity Foundation. The quality of candidates this initiative attracts is extraordinary and we look forward to welcoming the next winner.”
Want to know more about what our Neighbours Internships are like? Check out 2020 winner Tatiana E Silva’s article about her experience here.
Please read the details below carefully before applying. Ineligible applications will not be accepted.
-Have graduated an accredited drama or performing arts school in 2021.
-Be a student member of Equity Australia or New Zealand.
-Submit a self-test via the Showcast portal using ONE of the provided SIX scripts.
-The internship will be offered to a full-time Australian or New Zealand acting/performance student who graduated from an accredited drama school in 2021.
-The successful applicant will be paid at the appropriate award rate. Accommodation and return flights to Melbourne will be covered, if necessary, together with a daily per diem.
-The internship will take place in 2022 at a time mutually agreed between the winner and Fremantle.
-You will be required to submit a self-test, with a provided script.
-To apply, you must be a student member of Equity New Zealand or MEAA Equity. To join click here or phone MEAA Member Central 1300 656 513.
-Applications close Sunday December 12, 2021 at midnight AEDT.
-Five finalists will be announced in early 2022.
– On the Showcast portal you will find six script options. They are all two handers.
– Applicants to choose ONE script and put forward only ONE test for consideration.
– Slate, to begin with, name, age, agency, height.
– Slate, to include side to front (actors physical profile).
– Please also include a separate “chat to camera” telling us a bit about yourself and your reasons for choosing to apply for the Neighbours Internship (up to 2 minutes).
– Please don’t wear clothes with logo.
– Test no longer than 10 mins.
– Make sure a camera phone is held correctly: horizontally with the camera facing up and not upside down.
– Make sure you watch the footage back for sound and picture quality (making sure the footage is working correctly).
– If you would like to film your test in the Equity Foundation’s Self-Test Studios in Brisbane, Auckland or Adelaide book here. Sydney and Melbourne Studios are currently closed and will reopen in early 2022.
– Self-tests will be viewed by the casting department of Neighbours. Their decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.